Release your class’s creativity in the Garden. They will explore using all their senses, discover poetry and stories inspired by the plants they meet and create colourful artworks from natural materials.
This workshop is available March to October.
- Use all their senses to explore the natural world
- Make careful observations of plants growing in the Botanic Garden
- Use descriptive language to create a class poem
- Take part in a seasonal art activity using plant material from the Garden
This workshop supports the following sections of the curriculum:
Art and design
- Ar1/1.1 to use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- Ar1/1.2 to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- En1/2.2a and En2/2.2a listening to and discussing a wide range of poems, stories and non-fiction and being encouraged to link what they read or hear to their own experiences
- En1/2.2c and En2/2.2c participate in discussion about what is read to them, taking turns and listening to what others say
- En2/2.2a discussing their favourite words and phrases