Delayed opening due to high winds of Storm Eleanor

Please note that we have delayed opening the Botanic Garden due to high winds, on Wednesday 3 January 2018.
We monitor gusting wind speed using data gathered from sensors based in the Garden. A decision is reached by looking at forecasts to determine whether the wind is likely to drop or continue. We also take into account wind direction, south-westerly being our prevailing wind so lower speeds coming from the north-east would also be considered potentially hazardous.

This will be reviewed regularly for the remainder of the day. Please check the website before visiting.

Publication Date
Image ID 00256