With over 8,000 plant species and a wonderful range of gardens and plantings to enjoy, there is something for everyone at CUBG, and many different aspects to appeal to a wide variety of interest groups.
Our experienced volunteer guides will help you to enjoy the highlights and provide some of the background history and development of this stunning Garden.
These 90 minute tours are ideal for groups wishing to make the most of their visit to our 40 acre site. Click here for more information.
Free Drop-in Weekend Tours
Enjoy a free-of-charge Garden tour with one of our expert guides, taking in the seasonal highlights of the Garden.
Tours will now run:
May, June, July, August, September: every Saturday and Sunday – 2.30pm
March, April, October, November, December: first Sunday of the month – 2.00pm
Tours last one hour and start from the Main Lawn, near the Fountain
- Tours are free-of-charge but normal Garden admission charges apply
- Visitors wishing to join a tour should sign up at the main Brookside ticket office on arrival
- Places are allocated on a first-come basis and numbers are limited
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
Led by a member of our senior team – the Director, Curator, Head of Horticulture or other senior member of staff – these tours give an exclusive insight into how CUBG works.
If you are fascinated with the plant science going on behind the scenes at the Garden, or would like an expert horticultural insight into what goes on to support our plant collection and maintain the beautiful landscapes, then these small, exclusive tours are for you. Click here for more details.
Covid Secure Safety Measures
For the safety of our Guides, visitors and staff please note the following:
- Group size no larger than 10 people per Guide
- Group members to remain 2 metres from the Guide and observe a social distance from other visitors
- Tours will be held outside only. The Glasshouse Range can be visited independently before or after the tour
- Visitors are required to wear a face covering in the Glasshouse Range, toilets and Shop
Fabulous day. The Guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about the garden and its history and enthused us to return.
Lovely tour – looking forward to coming back for more.