With over 8,000 plant species and a wonderful range of gardens and plantings to enjoy, there is something for everyone at CUBG, and many different aspects to appeal to a wide variety of interest groups.
Free Drop-in Weekend Tours
Enjoy a free-of-charge Garden tour with one of our expert guides, taking in the seasonal highlights of the Garden.
Our weekend tours are available every Sunday at 2pm throughout the year (except during Christmas closure and the first Sunday in January).
- Visitors wishing to join a tour should sign up at the main Brookside ticket office on arrival
- Tours are free-of-charge but normal Garden admission charges apply
- Places are allocated on a first-come basis and numbers are limited
- Tours last one hour and start from the Main Lawn, near the Fountain (meet at the orange flag)
- Tours are run by our volunteer guides and subject to guide availability
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
This is the second [free] tour we’ve been on … and it’s really helped us enjoy and learn more about the Garden.
Fabulous day. The Guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about the garden and its history and enthused us to return.
Our experienced volunteer guides will help you to enjoy the highlights and provide some of the background history and development of this stunning Garden.
These 90 minute, pre-bookable tours are ideal for adult groups wishing to make the most of their visit to our 40 acre site.
Led by a member of our senior team – the Director, Curator, Head of Horticulture or other senior member of staff – these tours give an exclusive insight into how CUBG works.
If you are fascinated with the plant science going on behind the scenes at the Garden, or would like an expert horticultural insight into what goes on to support our plant collection and maintain the beautiful landscapes, then these small, exclusive tours are for you.
Lovely tour – looking forward to coming back for more.