Please note that as per current Government guidance, no one should visit or socialise in the Garden in a group of greater than 6 including children. It is also important that people from different households (who are not meeting as a support bubble) remain socially distanced while in the Garden.
We are delighted to have been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ mark from Visit Britain, which certifies that we have the necessary processes in place to meet Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. These include checking that we have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. For more information about the scheme, please visit the Visit Britain website.
Entry to the Garden is now by pre-booked tickets only so that we can control visitor numbers on site to prevent overcrowding. Please note that we are limiting tickets to ensure everyone’s safety. We are sorry if it means that you are unable to purchase tickets at this time but tickets will be released each Thursday for the following week so please do try again then.
- Friends of the Garden still enjoy free entry to the Garden, but you must pre-book tickets and you must bring your current Friends admission card with you, together with your order confirmation, either printed or on your mobile device, when you come to the Garden. Entry will not be permitted if you have not pre-booked and/or do not have your card and your pre-booked ticket order confirmation with you.
- Corporate Members can book with Reception on 01223 336265 (Option 5). This is open Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm, then 2pm – 4.30pm. Please book at least one day in advance of your visit.
- Essential Carers for Disabled Visitor are FREE – no admission charge is made for companions of disabled visitors without whose assistance the disabled visitor would be unable to gain access to the Garden. Carers do not need to book a ticket, please state that you are an Essential Carer upon arrival.
- The Glasshouse Range is open 11am – 5.30pm daily during summer. Due to some essential works, we cannot open it all safely at the moment, so it is partially open with a one-way system. The eastern end of the range will be open – this includes Arid Lands, part of Tropical Wetlands, most of the Main Tropics House and half of the corridor. Exit is via the Main Tropics door.
- Face coverings and masks: Visitors are required to wear a face covering in the Glasshouse Range, Shop and Toilets.
- If arriving by bicycle, please be aware that the Brookside cycle park is open, however the Station Road cycle park is closed.
- No time slots: Your ticket will be valid for the whole day that you have booked for, from 10am – 6pm. You can book tickets online on the day until 5pm.
- Email Confirmation: Please remember to bring your ‘Order Confirmation’ with you (not the booking information email that you will also receive). If you are a Friend of CUBG, you must bring your membership card with you too.
- Unable to attend?: We are unable to cancel and re-release tickets once they have been booked, so you do not need to notify us if your plans have changed.
Please note that tickets are not transferable between days and are non-refundable.
Click on the links below to purchase tickets:
Tickets for 5 – 11 October will be available from 10am, Thursday 1 October.
If you have problems purchasing the tickets online, please call our Enquiries desk on 01223 336265 (option 5) – this is open Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm, then 2pm – 4.30pm.
To purchase a copy of the new Director’s Choice guidebook to accompany your visit, please click here.
To pre-order a picnic, please click here. If you do not want to pre-order a picnic but would still like to visit the Café on the day, there is a selection of sandwiches, salads, cakes, hot/cold drinks and more to choose from.
Your contact information will be retained in accordance with the UK Government COVID-19 guidance. This information may be shared with NHS Test and Trace if required. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works