As we follow the roadmap to easing lockdown in England, we ask that government rules are followed at all times. Please click here for details and updated guidance.
We are supporting the NHS Test and Trace system. New government guidance on Covid 19 means that we have to request the contact details for every individual over the age of 16 visiting in your party. During your on-line booking you will be asked to supply a name and telephone number or email address for each person over 16 in your group. This information may be shared with NHS Test and Trace if required. A QR code for the NHS Test and Trace app is available on entry to the Garden, as an alternative, if preferred. Please note that all members of any group (except under 16s) will then need to use the QR code. Further information can be found on the Government website.
- Children: Child tickets are free, but must be pre-booked in advance of visiting. We cannot allow entry to any unbooked visitors (except Carers).
- Friends of the Garden still enjoy free entry to the Garden, but you must pre-book tickets and you must bring your current Friends admission card with you when you come to the Garden. Entry will only be permitted if you have pre-booked (via the website or telephone) and have your Friends Membership card with you. Please post your completed form to us or sign-up online.
- Corporate Members Corporate Members can book as ‘Friends’ below. If booking for more than 2 people, please contact our Enquiries desk. Entry will only be permitted if you have pre-booked and have your Corporate Membership card with you. If you do not have access to your card, please contact our Enquiries desk. See below for contact details.
- Essential Carers for Disabled Visitor are FREE – no admission charge is made for companions of disabled visitors without whose assistance the disabled visitor would be unable to gain access to the Garden. Carers do not need to book a ticket, please state that you are an Essential Carer upon arrival.
- Email Confirmation: Please remember to bring your ‘Order Confirmation’ with you (not the booking information email that you will also receive). If you are a Friend of CUBG, you must bring your membership card with you too.
- The Glasshouse Range is currently closed.
- The Shop is open and the Café is operating as a takeaway only, with limited outdoor seating.
- For more information about our opening at the moment, please click here. Visitors are required to wear a face covering in the toilets and Shop.
Ticket refunds/transfers: Tickets are not transferable between days and are non-refundable. We are unable to cancel and re-release tickets once they have been booked, so you do not need to notify us if your plans have changed.
If you experience problems when purchasing tickets online, please call our Enquiries desk on 01223 336265 (option 5) – this is open Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm, then 2pm – 4.30pm. They will put you in touch with the Online Store.
Booking by phone is only available to those who have no option to book online. There are limited phone booking spaces. If you are booking by phone, please do so at least one day in advance of your visit in order to add your name to the list at the Gates in time.To purchase a copy of the new Director’s Choice guidebook to accompany your visit, please click here.