During the national lockdown we ask that government guidance is followed at all times. Please click here for details.
Entry to the Garden is now by pre-booked tickets only so that we can control visitor numbers on site to prevent overcrowding and to ensure everyone’s safety. We are sorry if it means that you are unable to book tickets at this time but tickets will be released each Thursday for the following week so please do try again then. It is important that people from different households (who are not meeting as a support bubble) remain socially distanced while in the Garden.
We are delighted to have been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ mark from Visit Britain, which certifies that we have the necessary processes in place to meet Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. These include checking that we have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. For more information about the scheme, please visit the Visit Britain website.
From Monday 18 January, Brookside Ticket Office will be closed for approximately 5 weeks while building work takes place. Entrance will be through Bateman Street Cycle Park, located 60 meters from Brookside entrance. Station Road Cycle Park will be open for bicycle storage.
- Children: Child tickets are free, but must be pre-booked in advance of visiting. We cannot allow entry to any unbooked visitors (except Carers).
- Friends of the Garden still enjoy free entry to the Garden, but you must pre-book tickets and you must bring your current Friends admission card with you when you come to the Garden. Entry will only be permitted if you have pre-booked (via the website or telephone) and have your Friends Membership card with you. Please post your completed form to us or sign-up online.
- Corporate Members can book Friends tickets via the website. Entry will only be permitted if you have pre-booked and have your Corporate Membership card with you. If you do not have access to your card, please contact our Enquiries desk, details below.
- Essential Carers for Disabled Visitor are FREE – no admission charge is made for companions of disabled visitors without whose assistance the disabled visitor would be unable to gain access to the Garden. Carers do not need to book a ticket, please state that you are an Essential Carer upon arrival.
- Email Confirmation: Please remember to bring your ‘Order Confirmation’ with you (not the booking information email that you will also receive). If you are a Friend of CUBG, you must bring your membership card with you too.
- The Glasshouse Range and Shop are currently closed.
- The Café is operating as a takeaway only.
- For more information about our opening at the moment, please click here. Visitors are required to wear a face covering in the toilets, Café and Shop when open.
Ticket refunds/transfers: Tickets are not transferable between days and are non-refundable. We are unable to cancel and re-release tickets once they have been booked, so you do not need to notify us if your plans have changed.
Tickets for 22 - 28 February
Saturday 27 February – SOLD OUT
Tickets for 8 – 13 March will be available from 10am, Thursday 4 March.
If you have problems purchasing the tickets online, please call our Enquiries desk on 01223 336265 (option 5) – this is open Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm, then 2pm – 4.30pm. They will put you in touch with the Online Store.
Booking by phone is ONLY available to those who have no option to book online. There are limited phone booking spaces. If you are booking by phone, please do so at least one day in advance of your visit in order to add your name to the list at the Gates in time.
We are supporting the NHS Test and Trace system. Your contact information when booking will be retained in accordance with current UK Government COVID-19 guidance, and your booking will be verified upon arrival. This information may be shared with NHS Test and Trace if required. From 24 September, a QR code for the NHS Test and Trace app will be available on entry to the Garden as an alternative, if preferred. Please note that all members of any group (except under 16s) should use the QR code, if using. Further information can be found on the Government website.
To purchase a copy of the new Director’s Choice guidebook to accompany your visit, please click here.