From 5 November, you must only visit the Garden in your household group or support bubble, or with 1 person from another household (please click here to see the latest Government guidance). For visits from 2 December, please follow the updated Government guidance.
It is important that people from different households (who are not meeting as a support bubble) remain socially distanced while in the Garden.
We are delighted to have been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ mark from Visit Britain, which certifies that we have the necessary processes in place to meet Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. These include checking that we have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. For more information about the scheme, please visit the Visit Britain website.
Please note that the Glasshouse Range is currently closed.
Entry to the Garden is now by pre-booked tickets only so that we can control visitor numbers on site to prevent overcrowding and to ensure everyone’s safety. We are sorry if it means that you are unable to purchase tickets at this time but tickets will be released each Thursday for the following week so please do try again then.
- Friends of the Garden still enjoy free entry to the Garden, but you must pre-book tickets and you must bring your current Friends admission card with you when you come to the Garden. Entry will only be permitted if you have pre-booked (via the website or telephone) and have your Friends Membership card with you.
- Corporate Members can book with Reception on 01223 336265 (Option 5). This is open Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm, then 2pm – 4.30pm. Please book at least one day in advance of your visit.
- Essential Carers for Disabled Visitor are FREE – no admission charge is made for companions of disabled visitors without whose assistance the disabled visitor would be unable to gain access to the Garden. Carers do not need to book a ticket, please state that you are an Essential Carer upon arrival.
- The Glasshouse Range is currently closed.
- Face coverings and masks: Visitors are required to wear a face covering in the toilets. From 2 December, face coverings will again be required in the Café and Shop.
- If arriving by bicycle, please be aware that the Brookside cycle park is open, however the Station Road cycle park is closed.
- No time slots: Your ticket will be valid for the whole day that you have booked for, from 10am – 4pm during November. You can book tickets online on the day until 3pm.
- Email Confirmation: Please remember to bring your ‘Order Confirmation’ with you (not the booking information email that you will also receive). If you are a Friend of CUBG, you must bring your membership card with you too. If you have booked on the same day you are visiting, but have not received an Order Confirmation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to assist. Please note: If you have not received an Order Confirmation email, you have booked a day or more in advance of your visit and the payment has been taken from your account, this means your booking has been successful and you will be on a list at the gates.
- Unable to attend?: We are unable to cancel and re-release tickets once they have been booked, so you do not need to notify us if your plans have changed.
- Test and Trace: We are supporting the NHS Test and Trace system. Your contact information when booking will be retained in accordance with current UK Government COVID-19 guidance, and your booking will be verified upon arrival. This information may be shared with NHS Test and Trace if required. From 24 September, a QR code for the NHS Test and Trace app will be available on entry to the Garden as an alternative, if preferred. Please note that all members of any group (except under 16s) should use the QR code, if using. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works.
Tickets are not transferable between days and are non-refundable.
Click on the links below to purchase tickets:
Tickets for 7 – 13 December will go on sale at 10am, Thursday 3 December.
If you have problems purchasing the tickets online, please call our Enquiries desk on 01223 336265 (option 5) – this is open Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm, then 2pm – 4.30pm. If you are booking by phone, please do so at least one day in advance of your visit in order to add your name to the list at the Gates in time.
To purchase a copy of the new Director’s Choice guidebook to accompany your visit, please click here.
To pre-order a picnic, please click here. If you do not want to pre-order a picnic but would still like to visit the Café on the day, there is a selection of sandwiches, salads, cakes, hot/cold drinks and more to choose from when you get there.