Journey around the Botanic Garden visiting plants from different biomes and learning about the conditions they live in and how they thrive there. Our glasshouses allow us to travel to the rainforest, desert and mountains and outside we can explore woodlands and identify trees using a key.
- Learn where different biomes are found on a world map
- Discover which plants grow in rainforests, mountains, deserts, grassland and woodland
- Learn about the weather conditions in the different biomes and how plants cope with them
- Identify that areas around the Equator have different weather conditions to the UK
- Take temperature and humidity measurements
- Look at weather records
This workshop supports the following sections of the curriculum:
- Sc4/2.1b Living things and their habitat
- Sc3/2.1b Working scientifically
- Ge2/1.1c Locational knowledge
- Ge2/1.3a Human and physical geography
- Ge2/1.4a Geographical skills and fieldwork
Complimentary self-led activities
If you are looking for ideas of activities to self-lead in the Garden after your workshop ends, we recommend:
This workshop is available year round.