Apple Day is back!
Families can also explore the Garden with our Autumn Animals self-led trail, while adults can enjoy the Garden’s amazing tree collection, follow our tree trail or take a Garden tour.
We look forward to welcoming you this autumn!
Apple Day is back!
🍏Sunday 23 October 2022, 10am – 4pm 🍎
- Apple tasting: over 25 heritage varieties to taste and/or buy
- Apple identification: apple experts from the East of England Apples and Orchards Project will be on hand to identify apples. Bring your unidentified apples along to the team, preferably with stalk and leaf attached to help with accurate identification
- Apple activities: get crafty with a variety of apple activities in the Schools’ Garden for the young and young-at-heart
- Free Garden seasonal highlight tours (downloadable schedule available closer to the day)
- Live music
- Pop-up food trucks
- Other local craft stalls and sales
Tickets are required – please note that Friends and paying visitors need to purchase Apple Day tickets (children 0-16 enter for free). Henslow Circle Patrons do not need to purchase tickets. You can buy your ticket online or in advance from the ticket offices.
Autumn Animals self-led family trail
🍁7 September – 30 November 2022.
Families can explore the Garden over the autumn with our Autumn Animals self-led activity, and create artwork on the way!
Collect a special animal card from our ticket offices, discover some fun facts and ideas for games and activities too.
There are 6 cards to collect over the autumn, each one featuring a different animal. Different animal cards will be available every 2 weeks. Admission charge applies for accompanying adults, children 0-16 are free.
Enter the International Garden Photographer of the Year special competition
📸Closing date for entries: 31st October 2022.
Autumn is the perfect time to enter our photography competition ‘The Colours of Cambridge University Botanic Garden’, run in partnership with the International Garden Photographer of the Year.
Grab your camera (or phone!), pop into the Garden and be inspired by the seasonal changes as we gradually head into autumn.
We can’t wait to see the colours of the Garden through your eyes (and lenses!).
Free Drop-in Weekend Tours
Enjoy a free-of-charge Garden tour with one of our expert guides, taking in the seasonal highlights of the Garden.
September: every Saturday and Sunday – 2.30pm
October, November: first Sunday of the month – 2.00pm
- Tours are free-of-charge but normal Garden admission charges apply
- Tours last one hour and start from the Glasshouse Terrace
- To join a tour visitors must sign up at the main Brookside ticket office on arrival
- Places are allocated on a first-come basis and numbers are limited
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
Autumn is a time for the Garden’s 2,000-strong tree collection to shine. Our tree trail has been updated to take visitors around the Garden to explore some of our most amazing giants in autumn. Take a walk around the western half of the Garden discovering how it was laid out to showcase trees in the plant families to which they belong. See these magnificent trees and how they change throughout the seasons.
Pick up a paper copy at the Garden’s ticket offices or download here.
Please note that this trail is aimed at an adult audience, our family trail this autumn is the Autumn Animals, self-led activity.