Free Drop-in Weekend Tours (cancelled for the forseeable future)
Enjoy a free-of-charge Garden tour with one of our expert guides, taking in the seasonal highlights of the Garden.
June*, July, August – every Saturday and Sunday – 2.30pm
- Tours last one hour and start from the Glasshouse Terrace
- Tours are free-of-charge but normal Garden admission charges apply
- To join a tour, visitors must sign up at the main Brookside ticket office
- Places are allocated on a first-come basis and numbers are limited
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
* except Saturday 6 June 2020 = Festival of Plants. See below for more information.
Festival of Plants (Cancelled)
Saturday 6 June
Set in the Garden’s 40 acres, the Festival of Plants celebrates the wonder of plants at a beautiful time of year when the Garden is brimming with late spring colour.
- Enjoy themed, free, guided tours including behind-the-scenes of the Reserve and Experimental Glasshouses
- Meet University scientists at pop-up family-friendly interactive stalls which will show how plant science is addressing global problems
- Consult our ‘Ask-the-Gardener’ panel of experts about your garden dilemmas
- Listen to 10 minute, bite-size talks about a range of innovative plant-related topics
- Browse specialist plants stalls for an interesting plant purchase
- Get crafty with children’s activities
- Enjoy the exotic colour of the Cambridge Orchid Society Annual Show
These are just some of the highlights on offer at a beautiful time of year, against a backdrop of live music and pop-up food trucks. A fun-filled, fact-finding day out with something for everyone to enjoy.
Normal Garden admission charges apply. To avoid queuing, tickets will be available to purchase in advance from the Station Road and Brookside ticket offices.
Sounds Green (Cancelled)
In light of the uncertainties surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, Cambridge Summer Music have made the decision to cancel this July’s Cambridge Summer Music Festival, which include our own Sounds Green concerts, hosted in the Garden. CSM are instead arranging a virtual Festival, which you can enjoy via the link, below.
6.15pm every Wednesday in July
The Garden opens its gates late on Wednesday evenings throughout July to host a season of exciting, open-air music from Cambridge Summer Music. Set on the Garden’s Main Lawn, visitors can enjoy an array of live music with family and friends, on a (hopefully) warm and balmy evening.
- Every Wednesday in July. Music begins at 6.15pm, lasting approximately one hour.
- Visitors are welcome to enjoy the Garden until 8.30pm when the gates will close.
- Food and drink will be available and picnics are welcome.
Tickets will be available online via the Garden’s website closer to the time: capacity is limited for these events, advance online purchase is necessary to secure a ticket.
Summer at the Museums
July & August – dates tbc
CUBG takes part each summer in ‘Summer at the Museums’ programme which brings you everything from hands-on activities and storytelling, to drop-in events and museum trails around the University of Cambridge Museums.
Whether it’s something to do on a rainy day, an outing close to home, or a bit of craft-based creativity, we will have loads of activities and events for you to choose from. The programme will be available later in the year.
Normal Garden admission charges apply. Accompanied children 16 and under are admitted free of charge.